All marks you receive in-year are considered provisional and could be subject to change. There are four main points in the academic calendar when marks are finalised and published.
- Spring results: (for MSc Finance, MSc Finance and Investment, MSc Islamic Banking and Finance February starters and LPC students in Cardiff Campus). If you’ve completed all assessments you’ll be considered for progression to the next stage of your course by the academic assessment board that meet in March each year. Results will be available online on 17th March 2017.
- Summer results: If you’ve completed all assessments you’ll be considered for progression to the next stage of your course by the academic assessment board that meet during the second half of June each year. Results will be available online for graduating students on Wednesday, 21 June 2017 and for non-graduating students (first and second year undergraduate) on Thursday, 22 June 2017.
- Summer re-sit results: If you’ve had to complete work over the summer (re-sit or first attempts) these assessment results will be considered by the academic assessment board with results made available at the beginning of September each year. Results will be available online on for all students on 5 September 2017.
- Winter results (Postgraduate courses only): If you are a postgraduate student it’s likely the majority of your completed assessments will be given due consideration the academic assessment board which meet during the first half of November each year.
Viewing your results
You are able to view your current and previous year’s results by visiting the University’s online results service. If you’re unsure what the on-screen information means then further guidance is available via the understanding your results page.
Printing your results
The University no longer provides paper copies of your results during your course, but you’ll be able to print a copy from the online results service. If you complete your degree you will receive an official certificate and transcript following the summer or winter graduation ceremonies that are held in July and December respectively.
Classification of awards
If you want to know how your final degree classification is worked out, please refer to our Classification of awards page.
Academic Appeal Procedure
Full information is available on the University’s Academic Appeal Procedure pages. All appeals must be submitted with 10 working days of the publication of your results. The next available result and deadline dates are detailed below:
- 5 July 2017 (for results issued on 21 June for final/graduating students)
- 6 July 2017 (for results issued on 22 June for non-graduating students)
- 19 September 2017 (for results issued on 5 September for students completing resits in the summer)
If you have any inital queries about the Academic Appeal procedure, please contact the Advice Zone in the first instance.
For non-graduation related queries
Cardiff Advice Zone